Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cock-a-Leekie Soup


I finally made Cock-a-Leekie soup... and I hate to say it, but I really didn't like it much. I found it bland and boring and pretty greasy, no matter how much I skimmed off the top. Ah well... I used a recipe I found on the food network site Here. I chose that recipe, as it seemed to have the most in common with the other "traditional" recipes I'd found on the interwebz. Instead of using a whole chicken I used 4 bone-in chicken breast halves and 4 bone-in chicken thighs. Instead of scotch I used brandy, as that's what I had on hand, and neither Jon nor I are scotch drinkers to warrant buying a bottle.

In a nutshell, the result was an oily pot of chicken soup with lots and lots of soggy leeks in it. Ah well, at least it's fall and I can experiment with lots of other soups too! Remind me to make my experimental Mexican chicken soup again so I can take pictures and post the recipe here hehe.

Speaking of which, to remedy the woeful lack of deliciousness in this post, I'll be working in the next day or so to complete my homemade enchiladas post, complete with step-by-step photos! Much tastier!

No comments:

Post a Comment